PATC Founder and CEO, Jared Carroll, to join Adjunct Faculty at NYU Silver
December 18, 2021 |
Video and Image by Keira Burton from Pexels
This coming spring semester, Play At The Core’s very own Jared Carroll has accepted a role as an adjunct lecturer at NYU’s Silver School of Social Work. Jared will teach the master-level course Management and Organizational Practice for 21st Century Social Work at the Washington Square Campus beginning in late January 2022.
Among the goals of the course, students will:
- Become familiar with the basics of management and organizational practice in social services;
- Explore the important role of social work, and clinical practice skills in particular, in an organizational context;
- Critically examine, and begin to advocate for the values and expertise of the social work profession in organizational settings;
- Begin to recognize their own leadership capacity; and
- Be encouraged to assume leadership roles in social service agencies and help organizations develop in ways that promote the service and social justice aims of the profession.
Jared will leverage the history and growth of Play At The Core as a recurring case example. And, in true Play At The Core fashion, he will make use of activities and dialog to drive learning for students.